Digital Clock - Part 7

This is par of the Arduino-based Digital Clock series. This post is the seventh in the series. For previous post in the series, go to Part 6

Transfer to Perfboards

Initially I intended to make stackable boards using header pins, but it turns out that the modules are too thick to fit between the stacks. So I cannot use headers and must use wires instead.

After ensuring everything worked, I procrastinated for two months 😝.

Making Enclosure

Two months later I begin drilling holes into a blank enclosure box. No problem when making LCD hole. But the enclosure cracked when I started drilling pilot holes for the buttons.

This was when I go “screw this!” and go ape 🙈. By that I mean pretend not to see that crack and proceed anyway.

The button holes does not align with the actual buttons underneath, so I didn’t put on the button caps. The contrast and brightness trim potentiometers does not stick out right from their holes, after all these are breadboard-mount / PCB-mount pots, so they have no way to be mounted to a panel. The front panel screws that I bought are too short so I cannot use them. So many screw-ups here 🙉.

The only part that went well was mounting the power board and the 18650 cell holder to the back cover.

In any case the digital clock functions at it should. Its just fugly and rattly. I may decide to procure longer screws, modify the enclosure a bit, and glue the pots in the future, but for now I consider this project done 🙊.

See yall folks.